APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: NAB 2016: What is standing the test of time? (The 1 Week Edition)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: NAB 2016: What is standing the test of time? (The 1 Week Edition)
on Apr 27, 2016 at 6:07:24 pm

[Tim Wilson] "Those are always gonna be my PERSONAL big three: storage, cameras, and software...but what about you?

Last but not least, what are the questions I'm failing to ask?
"

At the risk of once again sounding like I'm anti-Adobe (and I'm actually not except for the part about the "sticky-ness" of the current subscription model) when I was watching the ABOBE stuff, the thing they seemed to promote heaviest this year at NAB was Adobe Stock - their in-the application photo licensing play. They were pitching it as a way for pro and lucky amateur photogs (and presumably stock video shooters) to make extra income from their best photos - a kinda sorta crowd sourced shutter stock?

Which seemed pretty cool to me at first, and then I realized that it can also be viewed as the first step in "app-izing" their regular applications. After all, "in app purchasing" is what drives most of the revenue in the app market space. The actual app is free or nearly so, the revenue stream from in-app purchases is what really matters.

IF this is an extension of that "in-app phone purchasing" model into core software, it's a pretty big play, IMO.

Will we someday see FCP X have an iTunes music store area dedicated to buyout production music directly in the app?

Will Resolve plumb in a "pay for famous color grades" gallery?

Why or why not! More revenue from the programs plumbing, rather than the features of the application itself.

Evidence of the new thinking that the new business models are making possible.

One of the few things that stuck with me on the plane ride home. FWIW.

New signature under construction and coming soon. Please stand by...

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]