APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: NAB 2016: What is standing the test of time? (The 1 Week Edition)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Mathis
Re: NAB 2016: What is standing the test of time? (The 1 Week Edition)
on Apr 27, 2016 at 5:57:33 pm

Two things that caught my attention is the Ripple panel frim Tangent and the Automatic Duck plugin to ship clips from Final Cut over to Motion which will be available later this year.

Resolve is starting to look more impressive but without a beefy system I am a bit uncertain as using it as an editor right now. One thing that really tickled me pink is the Fusion Connect command which will be a huge time saver. The deliever page has improved and more FX available. I do wish software makers woud focus with what's under the hood rather than go for a new, shiny interior or a jaw dropping body on a car (no super models). Talking about the latest and greatest feature though fad is a better description.

Disappointed that there has been no update to Final Cut Pro X as of yet. Then again this should not come as a surprise. I am really hoping for a role based mixer, the ability to apply a video transition without adding an audio dissolve at tne same time, precision editor in a secondary storyline and being able to save a custom layout. One other request would be to set your preference for spatial conform. To me, it's the little things that matter most. The latest fad (feature) is of a little use when playback performance or other meaningful improvements are put aside.

The only piece of hardware is the Ripple panel from Tangent thst really caught my eye. I cannot believe how "expensive" it is. I was worried about the build quality but after reading what others had to say it is next on my list of things to purchase, right with the update to Color Finale which is scheduled to be available very soon.

Other than that I added some products from Moion VFX, Core Melt and Ripple Training to my system. I even purchased Shot Notes X to make for a more efficient workflow.

One last item is Boris FX offerings. I am planning on going with a subscription plan with the new version. Still not out for Final Cut as of yet but there will be an automatic update once available. That is all for now!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]