APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

NAB 2016: What is standing the test of time? (The 1 Week Edition)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
NAB 2016: What is standing the test of time? (The 1 Week Edition)
on Apr 27, 2016 at 4:21:04 pm

So here we are, a week past the "actual" end of NAB 2016, and I'm asking myself, what's still worth talking about a week later? Because if it ain't worth talking about a week later, is it worth talking about?

I know that we talk about all kinds of stuff here, but "Everything" is itself not typically the topic....so I'd like to open up the discussion to "Everything."

What's still worth talking about?

What do you need to hear more about before you decide if it's worth talking about?

Here are some things I've noticed:

Software, it's Resolve and Keyflow Pro.

Apple is always interesting in absentia. "Something coming soon" is plausible. It was June when we first saw X after the curtain rose at NAB, so sure, why not.

Lytro has certainly raised questions.

No other camera news worth talking about?

Me, I think an NAB without a new "disruptive" camera is a GOOD thing. We need more of those. LOL New firmware, more options, stuff like that. A little time to catch our breath. That's just my opinion. What about you?

I know that a lot of people go to NAB to look at storage. Any thoughts from what you saw? Big, big crowds around Avid's new NEXIS (my preliminary pick for best storage story...but I'm still looking), and, of all people, G-Tech, but others too. I wasn't standing there counting, but my gut instinct is that there were more people looking at storage than cameras...but maybe just because there was so much more to look at.

Which raises another question: are you actually looking at more storage? New storage? Anything along those lines?

Those are always gonna be my PERSONAL big three: storage, cameras, and software...but what about you?

Last but not least, what are the questions I'm failing to ask?

Thanks!

Yr pal,
Timmy

Tim Wilson
Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]