APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple and Thunderbolt 3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Apple and Thunderbolt 3
on Apr 26, 2016 at 10:01:19 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "Performance and speed aren't the same thing. Performance is basically how well does Thing X accomplish the goals that Thing X was designed to accomplish."

Absolutely agree.

The biggest thing that's changed in my career over the past few years, are the goals my clients present to me. THOSE are what have changed most.

My most recent shoot involved six locations, three wildly different cameras (often all shooting at exactly the same time.) A cast of administrators, teachers, students, and community members across a diverse geographic area in high, middle and elementary schools. The pools of content, interviews, b-roll, shooting styles, cameras and sound capture devices were constantly shifting.

Managing all that simply wasn't the same as what I've been doing for the past 20 years when I used to go out with ONE camera with two fixed audio tracks and build everything EFP style. Yesterday it was Clip A arriving in as h264 with a single stereo track. Today I sit down to work with clip B arriving as MXF with 16 embedded audio channels. It's more complex now. Period.

So Its no longer good enough to use the same tools, because the game has changed so much.

It's kinda exciting, really.

New signature under construction and coming soon. Please stand by...

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]