APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple and Thunderbolt 3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: Apple and Thunderbolt 3
on Apr 22, 2016 at 9:48:51 pm
Last Edited By Tim Wilson on Apr 22, 2016 at 9:50:19 pm

[Shane Ross] "But then you are on Windows...which has HUGE issues with QT at the moment, and could never encode to ProRes, which is something many networks I deal with still want (clients too)."

Oh absolutely. That's why I said IF you can do it. If you can't, you can't.

Or even if you could but just don't want to. That's why I also think platform wars are largely a myth. It's doable or it ain't. So I didn't mean to suggest that this is a straight swap.

My point was only only ONLY that Apple COULD deliver true workstation-grade machine in an iMac form factor. It's already the case that iMacs can outperform iTrashCans for some tasks. Let it do more.

All Apple has to decide is y'know what? All-in-one is our new form factor, we're going all-in on it, so we're going to offer a mainstream performance machine, and a state-of-the-art machine. The iMac and iMac Pro if you will.

The state of the art iMac Pro doesn't even have to equal an HP Z1, because it seems unlikely that they'll ever want to go that far again....but they CAN do better in this form factor than they currently are. It's BEING done.

And it doesn't cost much more! Maybe NO more. As you point out, an off-the-shelf POS motherboard is beyond anything Apple offers. When did way-ahead-of-Apple tech become commoditized???

Fine, Apple, you don't want to be bleeding edge anymore. I get it. Your entire business model has been built on being 2-3 years behind the market, and it's working for you in glorious fashion. My mother's stock portfolio thanks you. LOL

BUT STILL. COME ON. You can be behind and not be THAT far behind.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]