APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple and Thunderbolt 3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marcus Moore
Re: Apple and Thunderbolt 3
on Apr 22, 2016 at 6:52:17 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "I agree with you about the I/O, but even with the old MPs we never got USB 3 or eSATA from Apple even though they were available. It's like all the engineers got moved onto working on the nMP and the old MP just kinda coasted into EOL."

USB3 wasn't a thing until after the 2010 MP was released. My top of the line 2011 17" MPB was still Thunderbolt1/USB2. My quick internet search shows that the first Macs with USB3 didn't ship until June 2012. And at that point I agree that there were no resources being put into the current tower chassis and all development energy was on the nMP.

[Andrew Kimery] "What makes this even more disconcerting is that the rate of technological change is only going to keep getting faster so if Apple is already having issues figuring out when (how?) to upgrade the nMP is this indicative of an inherent problem with this line of computers?"

Well, I think 5K is going to be Apple's display standard for a while- so I think it's an important one for them to hit. After that we may well see more regular processor/GPU updates. I say this is an anomaly, based on some specific hardware hurdles.

I might be wrong, but that's my thinking.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]