APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple and Thunderbolt 3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marcus Moore
Re: Apple and Thunderbolt 3
on Apr 22, 2016 at 1:47:44 pm

I'll take that bet. MacPros have always been upgraded on a roughly 2 year cycle, we're only slightly over that (let's remember it was Dec 2013, and most people didn't receive them until Q1 2014)- so a refresh this Summer wouldn't be as far out of line as people are painting it.

Without PCIe slots, I/O is an even more important part of the nMP that other towers. So it's been of no surprise to me that a meaningful update to the MacPro has been waiting for whatever combination of Xeon Processor, GPU, Thunderbolt, and USB-C they see as a meaningful upgrade.

If you're a tinkerer who likes to build their own Machines and stay on the bleeding edge than this surely drives you nuts- and the MacPro isn't the machine for you.

The only Mac that's been updated this year is the MacBook (which had USB-C last year). In all likelihood we're only a month or so away from the release a new MacPro and new MacBookPros with TB3 and USB-C.

"The MacPro is dead". :/ This is like early 2013 all over again.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]