APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Apple and Thunderbolt 3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: Apple and Thunderbolt 3
on Apr 22, 2016 at 1:28:50 am

[Ricardo Marty] "At the moment asus has a couple of laptops that support tb3."

I've had it for a while on my Dell XPS 15, too. Not a gaming machine at all, but a professional productivity model.

My favorite laptop ever, btw. Everything I wished my MBPs had been, and then some.

[Shane Ross] "I am going to wager that we will never see another MacPro update. I'm sure Apple will discontinue that line and push iMacs as their main "pro" computer (it already is superior to the current MacPro trash can)."

I've always felt that iMacs were underrated by a lot of people, but apparently not by Apple. :-)

Not to get into a platform thing, but srsly, anyone committed to this form factor and multi-OS needs to see what HP is doing with the Z1: real live workstation specs...which as you note, Shane, Apple is too happy to leave behind.

[Shane Ross] "[Hackintosh]...which I had to drop because I couldn't find a motherboard that had Thunderbolt 2...one that would work with the current MacOS El Cap. And the current OS doesn't support USB 3.1...nor Thunderbolt 3. "

That's the crazy part. You can't buy a PC motherboard with an old-enough, low-enough spec to support the newest Apple OS.

Remember the days when Apple wanted to have the most powerful computers for video production?

Heck, back in 1999, they claimed to have a computer so powerful that it was forbidden from export to "certain" *cough*China*cough* "countries." It wasn't exactly true, but no need for the truth to get in the way of a good commercial.

Hilarious punchline at the end, but when seen from this vantage point, kind of sad, too.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]