APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: FCP Legacy FCPX Debates Apple Final Cut Pro X FCP Tutorials

Re: Remember the Asymmetrical Dissolve Debate?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Remember the Asymmetrical Dissolve Debate?
on Apr 11, 2016 at 10:29:26 am

[Kirk Pitts] "Thanks, I wasn't completely clear. I know I can save presets and share them. But what I really want is to be able to download some presets from other more experienced users so I can learn from examples. Some example of starting points to work from."

OK, sorry, I see what you're saying.

Given that we only released a week ago today, I'm not sure that there will be that many users who have built and shared presets so far, but it might be worth asking on the FCP X Techniques Forum or indeed on fcp.co (if we are allowed to mention it here).

We do plan to offer a presets package when we come to the next release (which should also be available for Premiere users), but so far I'm still experimenting myself because the range of options is so very diverse.

I can tell you that I really like switching to Overlay blend mode for fades and dips. Also if I'm wanting to emulate a film dissolve, I will go for the Inverse sRGB gamma option, or you could set the gamma encoding manually - go for something in the region of 0.5 and adjust it to taste from there.

Beyond that, I'd just recommend that you experiment and see what you like the look of. Because no two sets of shots are alike, and no two people like exactly the same thing (!), you'll probably always want slightly different settings depending both on the content and the look that you personally prefer.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo-uk.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]