APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: What makes X fast? Tom Knows.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike Warmels
Re: What makes X fast? Tom Knows.
on Mar 19, 2016 at 10:13:38 pm

I work for a client who has chosen to work exclusively on FCPX. They have an editing bay with 10 suits working with SAN. That's quite the adventure itself.

I myself work on my own system, on a MacPro Trashcan I bought to be able to work properly on FCPX. (Avid still runs excellently on my old MacPro as well as on the new one). So we exchange libraries and I work on copies of media they have on their SAN. So when I start finishing rough cuts into final cuts we go into one of their suits. And after that, they export the cuts for audio mixing and broadcast masters.

And then there's a group of editors that get hired to work there, also work for a post-production facility that works on FCPX. With about five or six suits, on MAcPro trashcans and SAN.

But... the issues I run into, they also run into. Even a lot of fellow directors of mine working on all kinds of Apple machines (MBP, iMac etc) experience sluggishness etc. Even though my cuts are much closer to a finished product than theirs. So I do try to cut everything as well as I can, including split edits, overshoots, graphics, preliminary color correction, music pre-mix, SFX, the lot... So I use a lot of the tools. But... it's nothing uber complicated. I've done this collaborative process for years, on AVID and FCP7. But it's never felt so hard as with FCPX.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]