APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: What makes X fast? Tom Knows.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike Warmels
Re: What makes X fast? Tom Knows.
on Mar 19, 2016 at 10:03:09 pm

Nice video. But again, this isn't really representative for the shows I do. It's like 30 minutes with lot of different audio mike tracks, music, SFX etc etc. Now the source material for the dialogue is sometime between 4 and 8 tracks. Once you overlap audio to make a nice seamless cut, I'd imagine that would be at least 2x 8 tracks stacked.

In this video I can't really see how you can switch off particular tracks from the clip in X2Prp. Someone told me that's possible, but I can't see it here. The editors do switch it off in Inspector, but apparently X2Pro still exports all 8 tracks. Now again: I haven't done this myself, but this is how I imagine sound editors end up with an exuberant amount of audio tracks: stacks and stacks of 8 tracks of the source material. While often you end up using three or four if you'd be selecting them.

But I'll look up some more extensive X2Pro tutorials, not the ones with very simple sequences. The problem is not that it's not exporting, it's that exporting way too much.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]