APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: What makes X fast? Tom Knows.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike Warmels
Re: What makes X fast? Tom Knows.
on Mar 19, 2016 at 6:42:55 pm

Well, only that 15+ FCPX editors, a bunch of media managers and a couple of sound engineers have been trying to figure out how to get a clean timeline for months. Obviously it's not so clear cut. These are not stupid people.

But maybe there are some particular things they fail to see, I dunno. What we do see is that a lot of tracks that are not actually used in the cuts do get transferred to the sound edit stations and that role name don't always match with the content as they are in FCPX.

And it's so nice, that you're acting a little condescending. I don't think I gave any cause for that. I know you love FCPX and everything. All I'm trying to get to is feel the same love for it. I don't expect you to love AVID, even though I often hear people complain about AVID about things that can be done a lot simpler or faster than they make it out to be. Maybe it's all about getting to know the intricacies of these NLE's. And in case of FCPX, that's why I am here: to learn, to understand why things are not working well (while it's apparently all perfect with others) and what I can do to make it better. But to act like FCPX is God's gift to mankind is overstating the value of this NLE. It has bugs, it's not really finished and you need to learn a lot of workarounds.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]