APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: What makes X fast? Tom Knows.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charlie Austin
Re: What makes X fast? Tom Knows.
on Mar 19, 2016 at 6:30:48 pm

[Mike Warmels] "Well, I don't make the AAF's myself. All I get is the complaints from the sound editors (when I come in to check the mix or direct narrative work) and the FCPX editors. I'd really like to help them out and figure out what the trick is to make them work so neatly. Because what Tom is showing is exactly how the AAF's look if we make them from AVID (without third party software)."

What kind of media are you guys working with? Red or something? Because my experience (going to ProTools) is the same as Tom's. Clean splits, with tracks all labeled, without manually arranging everything beforehand as with other NLE's. If you're one of the folks that has the luxury of carefully arranging tracks in your NLE as you cut, then god bless you. :-) For me, I just need to fit stuff in the window while I madly cut for a deadline and then I, or an assistant, has to to spend a bunch of time figuring out what every clips is and splitting it properly. No need to do that from X.

X2Pro is a way better workflow than any internal output for that reason alone. You may not agree, but snarking about "3'rd parties" is disingenuous at best. I have a sh*tload of 3rd party apps/plugins for X. Some work in other NLE's, some are X workflow specific. All of that costs less than my MC perpetual or Pr subs And the latter 2 just keep costing me more $$. Not the X stuff. I also get better support from the 3'rd party devs than I get from Apple, Adobe, or Avid.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]