APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: What makes X fast? Tom Knows.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: What makes X fast? Tom Knows.
on Mar 19, 2016 at 2:18:07 pm

[Robin S. Kurz] ""Little" things like the way audio is displayed,"

Except that the display isn't inaccurate. As you zoom in or out of the timeline, the height of the waveform changes. Zoomed out, the waveform show peaks that aren't there when you zoom into that section of the timeline. A bug?

[Robin S. Kurz] "That particular dual install, from my experience, being the root of all issues we've had in the past. May very well apply to you as well.
"

I hope you are joking, because that's not my experience. I run multiple machines with multiple NLEs installed and there's no difference. Some with Media Composer, some without. It's quite common these days to have machines with 4 and even 5 NLEs installed (FCPX, Premiere, FCP 7, MC, Resolve) with no impact on the performance of any of them.

What I do see is that the more plug-ins you have installed on X, the worse the performance gets, at least in initial load time and in accessing the effect palette.

There are also plenty of performance issues and quirks that result in successive OS installations without the occasional clean install. If you're on an older machine (like a 2010 MP tower, for example) and migrated all the way up to EC without a clean install somewhere along the line, you are asking for trouble.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]