APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: What makes X fast? Tom Knows.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robin S. Kurz
Re: What makes X fast? Tom Knows.
on Mar 19, 2016 at 1:24:43 pm

[Mike Warmels] "I am gaining experience, exchange experiences with a lot of editors, but for some reason I fail to see the greatness of FCPX."

Charlie, as a highly experienced editor on all the major NLEs sitting in L.A., therefore having first hand knowledge of what he's talking about in actual context, has a few great pointers. Showing big, but, most importantly imho, even a few seemingly "trivial" things that are not on any feature list, but make your life SO much easier. "Little" things like the way audio is displayed, simply changing the position of multiple clips at a time, realtime preview of filters and so on and so on. A long list of things that in and of themselves are nothing impressive, but put together make that HUGE difference for me (and many others) in the ability to continue thinking about my WORK unobstructed and not constantly my APP.

Of course whether you see that, disagree or whether his points pose any tangible difference to YOU is a whole, as they very much do for him and myself, different story. YM, as always, MV. Oh well. Horses for courses.

And then there are things like THIS that, for me, are the epitome of what is so brilliant about X's overall approach, specifically the MT...

[Mike Warmels] "I just have a stand alone set on which I run AVID and FCPX"

That particular dual install, from my experience, being the root of all issues we've had in the past. May very well apply to you as well.

[Mike Warmels] "I can imagine certain situation where you don't want ripple effects on roles."

I wouldn't EVER want that. Certainly not by default. Do a multi-lingual, multi-national edit some day, and you'll quickly realize why. That would seriously mess things up. I find it obvious and logical how and why they did it the way they did. But if that OPTION was added for whoever needed it, sure, why not.

- RK

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]