APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: What makes X fast? Tom Knows.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve Connor
Re: What makes X fast? Tom Knows.
on Mar 12, 2016 at 9:25:50 pm

[Bill Davis] "But the X way is still singular in how the facits of the system work in concert - first dynamic pre-trimming using Reject and Favorite alone with keywords as he demonstrate - and then how the magnetic timeline lets you work with that pre-trimmed material to group and connect visual and audio elements in persistent arrangements and the move/trim/manipulate them as units safely with collision avoidance - insuring that you never overwrite anything unless you specifically choose to do so.

Those things drive a LOT of the friction out of X editing when you're "in the zone" working.
"

I'd like to add something to this, Bill is a regular and very enthusiastic contributor here and is a great proponent of FCPX, so if you're reading this forum to get some ideas on whether to use FCPX then you might think that you have to adopt the structured workflow that Bill follows to get the best out of it and that ISN'T necessarily true.

Lots of us are more tactile Editors, we like to get the material into the NLE and immediately start shaping the edit on the timeline without all the prep work that some do, organisation comes later and if this is how you work then FCPX is GREAT for this. The skimmer gets you through all your material extremely quickly and the magnetic timeline works brilliantly for chunking sections around the timeline without worrying about losing sync or losing clip positions. The fact that every action DOESN'T stop playback means you can tweak on the fly really easily. I've been using X since the beginning and to be honest I rarely use keywording and I'm still faster and have more fun on FCPX.

No offence to Bill but I just wanted to add that in to the mix!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]