APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: What makes X fast? Tom Knows.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: What makes X fast? Tom Knows.
on Mar 12, 2016 at 8:02:43 pm

Yes.

I think I can speak for Tom and quite a few other X editors I know in that what's really the greatest boost to personal productivity is when the software disappears and you're just thinking of nothing else but expressing your ideas and will on the content you're manipulating.

And, of course, it's not confined to X. Every editor in every NLE does the same thing. But the X way is still singular in how the facits of the system work in concert - first dynamic pre-trimming using Reject and Favorite alone with keywords as he demonstrate - and then how the magnetic timeline lets you work with that pre-trimmed material to group and connect visual and audio elements in persistent arrangements and the move/trim/manipulate them as units safely with collision avoidance - insuring that you never overwrite anything unless you specifically choose to do so.

Those things drive a LOT of the friction out of X editing when you're "in the zone" working.

FWIW.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]