APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: I wish FCPX adopted these Premiere Pro features

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scot Walker
Re: I wish FCPX adopted these Premiere Pro features
on Sep 7, 2015 at 5:34:20 pm

[Mathieu Ghekiere] "And that's the good thing about working with external RED RAW media and the RMD file"

Great info, thanks.

If you look inside the Original Media folder inside a Library, you'll see the RED folders A003_C005_01016M and the RED files with the RMD etc. You only need to do Reveal In Finder one time to get you inside the Library in the Finder (You can also just open up the Library in the Finder by right-clicking and selecting Show Package Contents) and at the clips. From there, you can take all those clips and do what you do with your external method.

For example, I often use Adobe Audition to clean up audio. I simply Reveal In Finder, double-click (because on my Mac Audition is the default app for WAV), and edit it in Audition, save, then go back into FCP X and it's updated.

So if my media was external, I'd do the same thing: select Reveal In Finder to quickly go to that clip, it opens up the Finder and reveals the media, and then I can go and edit them all if I want through the Finder, then go back to FCP X and it's updated.

I do understand how sending a Library without the media to someone is easier. Does FCP X handle that well? If you send it to another person and they open a project, are the links to the media are to a network drive? I guess you guys use proxies? I've never used proxies because it's all local for me and my drive is fast enough. So you have all the media on a network drive and the proxies are created there too, so then when you send someone a Library with the project but without the media, FCP X will open it up and then go get the proxies over the network and load it up pretty quickly over the network?

Thanks again!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]