APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.
on Aug 26, 2015 at 1:48:35 am

[Robin S. Kurtz] "What is "imperfect" about e.g. Apple's payment/licensing model for you?"

Firstly my statement was that "no software or payment model is". So the answer for me is that not everyone wants to use FCPX, or Pr, or Resolve or AVID etc. On the matter of payment some like free (Resolve) while some like buy once and some like subscription. I think the Apple pay model is very good but I preferred Resolve being free when I started using it and then virtually given away when I bought their 4K camera. Subscription is not my preferred method but some like it. I prefer Pr to edit but I do little editing and mostly grade online finishing and Resolve 12 will most likely be what I use for editing from now on. Right tools and right payment method for me seems to be Resolve. So my statement holds true in spite of your inference.

Of course subscription doesn't prevent cracking and piracy and I never said it had. But I would be surprised if Adobe doesn't think it has reduced what was a revenue deluge. After all it is unpopular and must therefore be better for Adobe or why would they risk such ire. Perhaps Dennis R has some insight into whether it has helped in that area.

But Robin, what made you think I was even suggesting hacking has stopped? Gee I even know people with hacked FCPX. If you wish to engage in intelligent discussion I would prefer you stop the assumption that I speak in absolutes. Only a fool would do so.

[Scott Whitthaus]"When do you think the first price increases will be, if that has not happened already?"

Sorry for not adding that I have no association with any of the NLE developers so on matters of pricing I suggest you contact them. I can tell you that being in Australia we are charged more than any other country and with the recent reduction in the $Au to the $US the price has effectively gone up 25% but only if you are paying by the month not a previously paid yearly subscription.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]