APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tom Sefton
Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.
on Aug 22, 2015 at 10:01:46 pm

look, robin. I've worked in fcpx with this workload for 6 months. Ive exported over 8000 files from fcpx with this project alone. I've tried and tested with the proxy workflow and the optimise option. I beta tested the last version of fcpx and was sent beta drivers from red to test with it. I work in premiere and fcpx and avid on a daily basis and each one suits a different job. More and more fcpx is getting into our studio workflow because it is quick and efficient and good at what it does. I love the program and it has literally saved us thousands of pounds in wasted studio time after an aborted attempt to use resolve to edit the same project. It couldn't cope and had massive issues with audio. X came to the rescue and we haven't looked back.

However, with high res raw footage it just hasn't performed as well for us as premiere has. It slows down. The beachball appears after a while of working. Inspector windows and multicam windows and waveform windows need closing down to get optimum performance that you just don't need to do in premiere. However, it is still brilliant. You might not want to believe me, I really don't care. It's just been our experience on a very intensive and long lasting project that we are still getting through. And you haven't understood my point that 40hrs of r3d data PER WEEK will create at least half again of proxy footage, which has cost implications for ongoing workflows that aren't easy to sustain.

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]