APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Fast - why leave AE and Motion out of the fun?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Aindreas Gallagher
Re: Fast - why leave AE and Motion out of the fun?
on Aug 19, 2015 at 8:31:31 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Motion is a considerably faster renderer and uses more real-time functionality. However, in actual projects, I still find the AE workflow much faster."

Super yes. The few times I've used motion in production - even pre-X motion on older tower systems - when it can be real time, it generally blew me away? But once you exceed the realtime game it provides, things do bog down pretty harsh. I reckon the AE team are unquestionably getting their hands dirty now, even down to messing with the ram preview tabernacle (although that whole space bar play reengineering feels tangential to me) but AE's issue is that the vast majority of their users are going to blow that Motion style light use realtime performance to pieces on a daily basis. And then they're back where they were.
So almost why burn engineering to dangle it.

I don't know that there is a magic bullet to be had for radically altered AE performance, given adobe are dropping large research dimes like it's going out of style to cement the cloud offering. Mind you that said - has anyone tried MB Looks 3 on a recent stacked iMac i7? MB looks renders like a complete maniac now. Part of me wonders if they've dropped the fidelity of the calculations. That said it's Stu Maschwitz, so you'd think no. But I've never seen software do a sudden render sprint like V3 MB looks. I was throwing modified blockbuster on four shot split screens and premiere basically didn't care. Random aside - but It's a truly kickass MB looks release.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]