APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.
on Aug 19, 2015 at 7:21:18 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Aug 19, 2015 at 7:36:03 pm

Look, I've been impressed with X since day one because it provided me with real world solutions to video editing problems *I* had confronted for years — and I found, over time, it made me a more engaged and happy editor.

But every time I posted about that - what I was confronted with lots of voices working very hard to tell me (in one fashion or another) why I was wrong.

This week at lunch, my wife quoted a line that stopped me cold.

"That guy's always ready to think of a problem for every solution."

BINGO.

To me, that encapsulates a huge percentage of our debates here.

People work VERY hard to prove that the solution I've discovered that works for me - and makes me a much happier editor - is really no solution at all - or at least LESS a solution then some other one. And to tell me why it would NEVER work for them - even tho they don't really understand it and have never really tried it in depth. It's almost pathological. And I believe it deserves to be confronted. At least unless it turns out (via fair and robust testing) to be true. But a HUGE percentage of the time, it just doesn't. Pick an FCP X bash from the past - "Magnetism is dumb, X can't cut long form, or commercial spots, or movies, or X was stupid to dump tracks, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc."

Yeah, I know this whole thing is a lame "It's ALL about ME!!!" screed. And that's super dumb. But you've got to admit that there are few here (not nobody, but few) who have taken as much personal crap as I have for expressing those evil "Pro-FCPX" opinions here. And I do get tired of it sometimes.

Besides ,mostly it's fun to mix it up. And having something work related to be passionate about? Thats actually REALLY cool. ; )

Signed, your obedient fanboy.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]