APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Fast - why leave AE and Motion out of the fun?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shawn Miller
Re: Fast - why leave AE and Motion out of the fun?
on Aug 19, 2015 at 12:13:24 am

[Tom Sefton] "Great comparison.

It baffles me that we still have nowhere even close to realtime playback in Ae for some things that seem very simple. Even dropping resolution to 1/2 or even 1/4 often doesn't change things enough to make it useful.

A basic keying job today in 1080p ProRes was taking me between 8-13 minutes to render out for sections that were between 15s and 1m long. Effects used were keylight, selective colour, and colour correction. I'm not saying keying is simple but the amount of time it was taking me to do ram previews and renders on a new Mac Pro system with max ram and d700s was crazy.

I really should give motion a lot more time and effort to learn.

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk"

To be fair, AE's render engine is ancient

[Tom Sefton] "Great comparison.

It baffles me that we still have nowhere even close to realtime playback in Ae for some things that seem very simple. Even dropping resolution to 1/2 or even 1/4 often doesn't change things enough to make it useful.

A basic keying job today in 1080p ProRes was taking me between 8-13 minutes to render out for sections that were between 15s and 1m long. Effects used were keylight, selective colour, and colour correction. I'm not saying keying is simple but the amount of time it was taking me to do ram previews and renders on a new Mac Pro system with max ram and d700s was crazy.

I really should give motion a lot more time and effort to learn.

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk"

To be fair, AE's render engine is ancient. Have you considered other applications for keying tasks? Maybe Mamba FX or Hitfilm would be faster. If you already have Motion, PixelConduit (which is free) or Simon's Hawaiki Keyer might also be worth trying.

Shawn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]