APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.
on Aug 18, 2015 at 11:45:07 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Aug 18, 2015 at 11:47:37 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "They do, I just don't think you should expect to influence anyone that's already made their mind up one way or the other. For the people that have already decided that X sucks or Avid sucks or Ford sucks or the PS4 sucks (pick your flame war) there's nothing anyone can say/do to change their mind."

I agree. But that presumes that the class of "editors who have already made up their minds" is the audience I care about. I don't really.

I've said before that a LOT of people simply lurk here trying to get valid information. So after years and legions of people "knee-jerking" on-line about how horrible X was (or still is in some cases!) I'm simply going to stay around to argue for the other point of view. .

I know I won't change the opinions of those who simply won't consider a change. But for every one of them, I suspect there are hundreds or maybe even thousands of editors who might.

I think like this because I've actually met or communicated with quite a few of them over the past few years - telling me that they would have never considered X if it weren't for voices like mine running against the "conventional wisdom" in the early days.

And they're often the people who now have 3 years of solid experience in X and it's gratifying to see that X is often doing the same thing for them that it's done for me. (make their editing much easier and much more enjoyable!).

That's enough for me.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]