APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Aindreas Gallagher
Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.
on Aug 18, 2015 at 9:31:39 pm

Yes, that's true really - it does boil down to liking or disliking it at a basic level - if you dislike it you see the stuff you dislike over the things there are to like. If you like it instinctively then you see the things you like over the things there are to dislike (beachballs as has been pointed out.)

the only thing I'd wonder is if there isn't a chicken and egg problem with that. I didn't go into it expecting to dislike it - They'd been working on it so long, it was apple, etc. But I found things to dislike. I don't think the timeline and its restrictive metaphors are up to snuff and that's a pretty core thing to dislike about an editing system: the timeline. Also any time I'd get mildly excited about a major feature update 12-18 months in the making - you'd get the library architecture and bugger all else. Or, hilariously, you'd get a ridiculously over the top 3D text engine, top of everyone's list, and bugger all else. Some things I initially disliked sort of got fixed (or there were weird bodges like the white dot and temporarily de-activating connections) but the way Apple treated the update cycle left me kind of not respecting it as software. But, yes, basically I dislike it, but I'd argue it didn't come out of the blue. I haven't really argued about X in aeons anyway - it's just that Bill was it his old saw that it's software from the future that the uninitiated don't understand. That's as a stale as five year old bread....

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]