APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mathieu Ghekiere
Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.
on Aug 18, 2015 at 9:12:29 am

Christian, in my experience, most of the time (not always) changing an excisting edit in FCPX is a lot easier then in a lot of track based NLE's because of the magnetic timeline. Sometimes it can work against you, but changing some orders and stuff, and have all the rest stay the same and connected to each other is a great time-saver.

About match framing back to a keyword collection: I get the point (I misunderstood you before I think), but a clip can have multiple keywords (which is actually great), so to which collection should it match frame back to then?

On the timeline you could always work with compound clips and/or markers if that helps. You can do a search for markers and stuff trough the Timeline Index.

A lot of learning how to work with the magnetic timeline, primary vs secondary, is based in my experience on muscle memory. After a big while with X you start THINKING in terms of primary and secondary and secondary timelines. This just takes your muscle memory to switch and change.

FCPX is not ALWAYS faster, but most people who use it for a long time (I also switched from FCP 7 after I first hated X and even asked for a refund) notice that once you start learning it as used, you don't miss a lot of stuff you thought you would miss more. Like I thought 2 viewers would be handy, but I notice that I as good as never use the Event Viewer now it's there. (it's not the same as the old 2 viewer system though). I just don't have a problem with the one viewer anymore. Although, I can understand people NEEDING a certain functionality if you workflow depends on it AND if every other way in X takes you more time from start to finish.
But what I wanted to say: a lot of people who use it a lot notice that X is faster and easier in MOST cases. Not all. But like Charlie said: a lot of us rather have the missed functionality of X than what we perceive as the missed functionality in the other Track based NLE's.
Again, I don't think X is perfect. But even with it's imperfections I like it more and think it's faster then other NLE's.

Regards,

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]