APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.
on Aug 16, 2015 at 7:50:16 am

Tom, the only thing that is absolutely clear from my experience lately is a major reinforcement of the idea that the foundational programming of FCP X is the type of code that was written for where the hardware capabilities of modern computers were going - not where they had been. Even the "new" MacPro is (in computer terms) aging tech hardware now. And the latest MacBook Pro performance I'm seeing is MILES ahead of what I was experiencing prior to my recent upgrade. This theme echoed the stories from last year about how iMacs from some months after the new MacPros intro were giving them a run for their money in editing speed. This all causes me to wonder two things. What will future CPU and GPU advances enable? And what the landscape will look like for X editing when Apple inevitably updates the Cylinder? Just food for thought.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]