APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.
on Aug 14, 2015 at 7:30:23 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Aug 14, 2015 at 7:51:36 pm

I used to see beachballs and the need to re-start occasionally too.
Haven't once since the new hardware. But maybe it's an "order of complexity" thing. Be interesting to see whether whatever new MacPros are in the future make a commensurate difference to what I'm seeing in older laptop tech vs the latest laptop tech.

It's also likely the super fast SSD is making a perception difference for me. Seems like waiting for anything is now a thing of the past. Note I currently keep smaller projects on the SSD and do larger projects via USB 3 externals because that's what I have currently. With dual Thunderbolt 2 ports on the MBPro, I'm sure I'll be seeing a throughput boost there as I migrate my storage devices to the new TB buss.

It's been known for a long time that X does seem to LOVE the latest and fastest hardware you can afford.

Now if they just keep the prices on external SSD's falling I'll be happy.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]