APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why do users say FCP X is fast? Some new numbers.
on Aug 14, 2015 at 4:44:51 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Aug 14, 2015 at 4:50:15 pm

Walter,

As always I appreciate your analysis and know that in a world where someone is trying to discern what system is optimized to perform all manner of high-stress rendering and mission critical workflows, the factors you mention are clearly relevant.

I also suspect that there are readers here who simple want to EDIT real world stuff, plenty of which is generated by legions of new generation MXF, AVCHD, ProRes and yes, h-264 spewing cameras - and for them, this kind of "real world" test is pretty relevant. The fact that an easily purchased laptop running equally accessible software can "play with the big boys"in the I NEED TO GET MY WORK DONE FAST! game is news enough.

Not perhaps at the total top of the game, I admit. If you're shooting as the above poster is, 6k Red Dragon files — then what you can even do that on a commercial laptop is surely interesting, but, i suspect, not exactly central to their decision making processes.

For the editor who just needs to get their day to day work done quickly and efficiently (like me!) it's STILL a revelation that my new laptop provided such a HUGE boost in productivity. Way beyond what I expected when I bought it to replace my aging old machine.

As always, your detailed analysis of the underlying technology is welcome and personally interesting. As always, I'm really glad you're here.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]