APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve XII...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Resolve XII...
on Jul 31, 2015 at 7:05:16 pm

[Walter Soyka] "Think more about the old Final Cut Server ideal; imagine you, the editor, could push out shots to other departments. Have a great clip with bad audio? Want to see if it can be salvaged? Send it to audio. C-stand ruining your day? Push it to VFX."

I can certainly see the benefits of simplifying the I/O process between apps. When I mainly colored my dream was to be able to work in the same timeline that the editors cut in. Not necessary to work in parallel with them, but just to be able to avoid the FCP to Color back to FCP w/new media hassle. I was like, "Why can't what I do in Color just apply like a filter vs rendering out new media?" Now we have that relationship between PPro and SG and Resolve offering a parallel workflow (which as previously mentioned I know nothing about).

[Walter Soyka] "Or, if you're the one man band type, do it all yourself, in any order you like, and keep the flexibility to make changes without having to back all the way up to the beginning of the linear workflow and push it through again. Computers can and should be doing that bit for us."

If you are a one-man-band type then you are probably more inclined to keep it all in the NLE and just buy plugins to fill the specific holes you need filled. Many people just need some milk, not the whole cow. ;)

Somewhat recently I worked on a historical doc in Avid and it was a royal PITA because we had a lot (I mean a lot) of stills and Avid is horrible with stills. Just unbearably horrible. We used AE to do moves on the stills but it felt like using a sledge hammer to swat flies since in any other major NLE we could have just imported the stills at full res and done the moves inside the NLE.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]