APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve XII...

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Resolve XII...
on Jul 31, 2015 at 5:07:02 am
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Jul 31, 2015 at 5:08:24 am

Not directly on point but of perhaps a tiny bit of interest...

Since Apple introduced the new 3D text system to FCP X, a very interesting side effect has been cropping up.

First, Mark Spencer (the Motion guru) noted that the system in X does 3d transforms not just on on fonts, but on anything in the form of a glyph.

Then somebody figured out that Glyphter, the free, easy utility - can efficiently turn SVG stuff like say, a corporate logo into a glyph - which can then be extruded and rotated and have multiple surface texture mapping with multiple bevels - and multiple cameras and lighting - applied directly in FCP X's new 3d Type system.

I wish I could show some of the early work that's popping up, but sadly it's on a private board where we talk about techniques and the stuff shown is often not rights cleared, so it has to stay private.

I'll just say that some of the 3D Text (and now graphics like corporate logos) being created and processed directly inside of X has been a bit surprising in it's sophistication.

These are baby steps, of course, not serious compositing - but the 3D math is there and it's generating some pretty cool results for a $299 NLE.

Just an interesting side note.

Carry on.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]