APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve XII...

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shawn Miller
Re: Resolve XII...
on Jul 30, 2015 at 8:09:20 pm

[Charlie Austin] "[Shawn Miller] "[Charlie Austin] "But things like clip skimming (huge timesaver with lots of layers),"

I guess I don't see the advantage in the context of compositing. Truthfully, I don't even do much timeline scrubbing when trying to match the elements in a composite. I'm usually concerned with color, luminance, edges, etc at that point. "

Well, for me, if I've got a dozen layers or something, it's a real quick way to see a particular layer without enabling/disabling the clips above it. just shaves a little time off when working, but it adds up.

[Shawn Miller] "[Charlie Austin] "Compound clips vs nesting (similar, but different in implementation) etc."

I confess that I don't really understand compound clips... what makes them better (in your opinion) than nested sequences or comps for compositing?"

They're not terribly different really, compound clips just seem easier to work with. less convoluted to decompose/recompose. Could just be me...

[Shawn Miller] "Are you saying that the FCPX timeline is more vertical than other timelines when compositing? :-) Kidding aside, I don't understand what you mean here... aren't FCPX, PPro, AE, Motion and Photoshop more alike than not in this regard? I mean, compared to something like Blender or Smoke. "

Oh, absolutely. I bounce back and forth between Pr and X a lot and when doing the same things in both, it's a much more pleasant experience in X. In Pr, there are way less built in effects/looks etc snd I feel like I need AE often (which I don't rent) when working. But In X I rarely feel I need to go to Motion or something. I'm not doing super complex stuff though, so YMMV..."

So, it sounds like it's more a matter of having tools that are more available and intuitive to you. Fair enough, it makes me wish I could jump into FCPX and try it for myself... just to know what you're talking about. :-)

Shawn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]