APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve XII...

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shawn Miller
Re: Resolve XII...
on Jul 30, 2015 at 7:05:55 pm

[Charlie Austin] "But things like clip skimming (huge timesaver with lots of layers),"

I guess I don't see the advantage in the context of compositing. Truthfully, I don't even do much timeline scrubbing when trying to match the elements in a composite. I'm usually concerned with color, luminance, edges, etc at that point.

[Charlie Austin] " ability adjust transform parameters on groups of clips"

That is nice - AE has this feature, but its (sadly) missing in PPro.

[Charlie Austin] "Compound clips vs nesting (similar, but different in implementation) etc."

I confess that I don't really understand compound clips... what makes them better (in your opinion) than nested sequences or comps for compositing?

[Charlie Austin] " But the X timeline is really well suited to working vertically."

Are you saying that the FCPX timeline is more vertical than other timelines when compositing? :-) Kidding aside, I don't understand what you mean here... aren't FCPX, PPro, AE, Motion and Photoshop more alike than not in this regard? I mean, compared to something like Blender or Smoke.

Shawn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]