APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve XII...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charlie Austin
Re: Resolve XII...
on Jul 30, 2015 at 6:39:25 pm
Last Edited By Charlie Austin on Jul 30, 2015 at 6:45:56 pm

[Shawn Miller] "Really, how so? Premiere Pro has a number of blending modes, trackable masks, adjustment layers, fairly decent matte tools, a solid key framing system (for an NLE) and native support for lookup tables. What gives FCPX the edge for compositing? Honestly asking, I had never seen FCPX used for compositing before today (referring to the video that Walter shared earlier).
"

X has that as well. Some maybe better than Pr, some perhaps not. Pr arguably has more refined key framing, (though X is much better these days) And you need plugins for tracking and LUT's in X. But things like clip skimming (huge timesaver with lots of layers), the ability to adjust relative or absolute transform and effects parameters on groups of clips, Compound clips vs nesting (similar, but different in implementation) etc.

It's not specific feature set vs feature set thing. Pr may win that one. But the X timeline is really well suited to working vertically. In Tim's earlier reply describing compositing vs editing he was specifically not talking about X, but he could have been.

I'm doing some pretty basic compositing in Pr this week and it's maddening. Not because of the feature set, that's fine, but because of the way you need to work, if that makes any sense.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]