APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve XII...

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter Soyka
Re: Resolve XII...
on Jul 30, 2015 at 10:18:57 am

[Tim Wilson] "In a way, my reply got off track by bringing in applications from other vendors. I'm also answering Walter's observation that Aindreas DOES multiple tasks, but he USES multiple applications. I then addressed 4 reasons why, even if Aindreas (or Walter or anyone else) would want fully integrated FCPX/Motion, PP/AE, MC/PT, it can't happen in the real world."

Tim, did you read the links I posted to a couple old posts of mine?

I don't think the answer is necessarily single application. I think the answer is deeper, better integration between apps, with a goal of making the boundaries between apps matter a lot less. Right now, we're working the way our applications need us to. That's backwards!

[Prof. Soyka, circa May 2011] "I've made this comment in other threads as well, but I think that what we're all looking for is not necessarily a unified application, but a unified data model and media database...

FCP, Color, STP, Motion, etc. are all fundamentally applications that store and process information about creative decisions with media clips and effects over time. If they could all "understand" their own parts of the same timeline and refer to media based on a centrally-organized database -- instead of each application creating its own separate interpretation of the original editorial timeline -- we could have all the power and flexibility that the separate apps provide without all the pain of round-tripping. This would create entirely new workflows and offer new possibilities.

Bonus points if the database is multi-user. The necessity of picture lock before audio sweetening and color grading could disappear entirely. Editorial would be the hub, and the other departments could work on their shots or their scenes throughout the process."

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]