APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve XII...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shawn Miller
Re: Resolve XII...
on Jul 30, 2015 at 3:51:39 am

[Tim Wilson] "Isn't that what FCP Legacy was? There was some very slick stuff there that I think most people never tapped into. Once you added a tiny handful of plug-ins, the compositing/animation capabilities were off the chain.
"

Unfortunately, I missed the FCP boat. Just as I was seriously considering the Mac platform (because of Shake), Apple eol'd it. I found comfort in Vegas for compositing, mograph and audio mixing for a while, but quickly reached its limits, so I jumped over to Adobe fulltime. :-) Now, PPro has some decent compositing tools, and the Lumetri Color panel is nice... just a bit less than I wanted for grading. Resolve would be perfect if it had a better playback engine and design tools (IMO). So, overall, Tim I think your right... there probably aren't enough editor/animator/compositor/mograph folks out there to make the effort of building a Smoke like tool worth it (for established software companies). I think there's even less insentive for smaller players to try, because companies like BMD are giving premium software away for little or nothing.

[Tim Wilson] "Anyway, I think that Smoke on Mac offered exactly the environment you're talking about, but I only know what I saw in demos. I'll defer to astrophysicist, editor, and motion graphics researcher Professor Soyka to tell it like it is."

Smoke was on my list for a while as well, but it never seemed to keep my attention long enough to consider picking up, so I would also be curious to hear Professor Soyka's thoughts on the matter. :-)

Shawn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]