APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve XII...

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: Resolve XII...
on Jul 30, 2015 at 2:09:31 am

[Shawn Miller] "hough, I'm also willing to bet that many of us would like a decent, hybrid compositing/NLE/animation/color grading tool at least 50% of the time. "

Isn't that what FCP Legacy was? There was some very slick stuff there that I think most people never tapped into. Once you added a tiny handful of plug-ins, the compositing/animation capabilities were off the chain.

Maybe I just got more excited by them than was appropriate...but I felt that it (and Sony Vegas) towered above other options.

I haven't used X so I've avoided any opinions on it other than the business side -- perhaps the first time I've avoiding opining on things I know nothing about. LOL

But I haven't seen anyone talk about how great the effects tools in X are relative to, say, Lumetri in Premiere. People have talked about its shortcomings too, but people were excited by the possibilities it opened.

Is it that X has taken a step back from the compositing environment Legacy offered? Or that it pales in comparison to the renamed reorganization? LOL

I'm genuinely curious about that.

Anyway, I think that Smoke on Mac offered exactly the environment you're talking about, but I only know what I saw in demos. I'll defer to astrophysicist, editor, and motion graphics researcher Professor Soyka to tell it like it is.

(And yes, Walter, this counts as my highest compliment to you as one of the true Renaissance men in these conversations.)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]