APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve XII...

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charlie Austin
Re: Resolve XII...
on Jul 28, 2015 at 9:47:10 pm

[Bill Davis] "I understand the "I don't want to use compounds or secondaries or whatever.". But they were coded into the software in order to solve problems that other modes do not. So I have a hard time accepting the "It's not my preferred way to work, so it's the softwares fault." concept. That would be like someone arguing that X isn't an efficient editor, only to discover that person uses it exclusively in Position mode and NEVER uses the magnetic timeline. It's just not how things are supposed to work. "

Huh?! I'm not saying anything at all about something being "the softwares fault". I'm not talking about faults with the software. I'm simply pointing out that there's another very cool and very easy way - that the software allows - for one to accomplish what I was talking about. If anything, I was illustrating the flexibility of "the software".

I'm not sure how you read what I wrote as being critical of anything.

[Bill Davis] "But if it's got the tools to do an operation, but an editor chooses not to use those tools. Then is that the software's fault? Worth asking."

It would be worth asking if it had any relevance to what was actually in the conversation. ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]