APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve XII...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Resolve XII...
on Jul 28, 2015 at 5:20:03 pm

Well, if you're going to establish rules disallowing the use of features in the software that address the problem, then OF COURSE you're going to run into dead ends.

I understand the "I don't want to use compounds or secondaries or whatever.". But they were coded into the software in order to solve problems that other modes do not. So I have a hard time accepting the "It's not my preferred way to work, so it's the softwares fault." concept. That would be like someone arguing that X isn't an efficient editor, only to discover that person uses it exclusively in Position mode and NEVER uses the magnetic timeline. It's just not how things are supposed to work.

Again, I'm not saying that the X construct is always superior in every case. And there are unique challenges it's new thinking presents that have to be understood and worked around. AND the fact that Apple keeps improving it is a SURE sign it's not all there.

But if it's got the tools to do an operation, but an editor chooses not to use those tools. Then is that the software's fault? Worth asking.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]