APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve XII...

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charlie Austin
Re: Resolve XII...
on Jul 28, 2015 at 4:16:12 am

[Bill Davis] "You are definitely cutting something pretty unusual if an easy to execute combination of those capabilities can't get you what you want. I'd like to see that project, cuz I'm having trouble visualizing the stopper here."

Did you watch the video in my post above? It's not unusual at all, it's very common when doing sound design/dialog cheating. Say I have a shot of an explosion. The "boom" sound is a component of the video. But I want a reverse suckback sound, and some fuse noise to come in, and stop a frame or more before the first frame of the shot. There is no tail to this sound.

I may have dozens of lanes of audio, and I need to use comps and secondaries judiciously. I do not want to adjust the picture to accommodate the sound, I don't want to make unnecessary comps, or create 2 secondaries, append gap, and connect them. Yet those 2 clips need to be connected to this shot if I want to move that bit and all its related audio.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]