APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve 12

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Resolve 12
on Jul 26, 2015 at 3:19:11 am

[Michael Gissing] "[Bill Davis] "If you can adapt to riding a bike without training wheels, you can use an NLE without tracks. It's about the same level of mental leap."

The self affirmation mantras are getting really old Bill. Maybe you never got the training wheels off with Legend and dealing with tracks. Maybe we don't care as long as the job gets done the way we prefer.

But spare us the close minded vehicular analogies"

Here, let me try language that you can comprehend...

X is really very simple to understand. When you dig into it, It all makes simple sense. The only people who have trouble with it are those who've become so hidebound invested in thinking ONE way, that the very idea that there might be any other way to think about editing puts them into total brain freeze. Those folks are STILL on the boards four plus years on - discussing X through the lens of little to no actual experience with how it operates in a cohesive daily production system - largely because they'd rather spend 4 years dissing it than 6 months learning it.

It's just not that hard to adapt comfortably to the X system unless you're either A) exceptionally dim, or B) you WILL yourself NOT to do it because it scares you too much.

(Thought I'd join you in making everything PERSONAL, since obviously you can't handle someone saying something about PROGRAM LEARNABILITY (is that a word?) - without transmuting that into a personal attack.)

Hope you feel better now that you have another post to point at to denounce me.

Always happy to help.

Carry on.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]