APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve XII...

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: Resolve XII...
on Jul 26, 2015 at 12:07:45 am

Apple seem a bit distracted about iPhone sales right now but another maturing cross platform NLE with the goodies that many want plus it having better potential as a complete finishing tool for free might just concern some at Apple and Adobe.

The increase of third party support for OFX including Hit Film now making their plugins Resolve & Pr compatible (and X ) makes it easier to contemplate using Resolve with plugins, Fusion and or Hit Film as a really potent combo of edit, title, compositing, finishing without needing Apple or Adobe software apart from perhaps Photoshop.

But for me the most exciting thing is the sheer pace of improvements with Resolve. In another 4 years I suspect Resolve could open up a substantial gap and many might find X in the same position as FCP7 being underdeveloped and languishing. I hope it doesn't. Adobe will probably chase but I have less confidence in AVID or Apple wanting to. Don't be surprised to see Resolve throw in an option to edit track or trackless or hybrid. They have less ideological baggage and I am sure they are hearing both sides of the argument.

But by far the most significant thing for me is the bulk of my clients who are holding onto FCP Legend will now move to Resolve and as it is my finishing tool of choice, it becomes a single system with little need for xml standards that change at the whim of Apple.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]