APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve XII...

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret Williams
Re: Resolve XII...
on Jul 25, 2015 at 8:13:05 pm

I've found that I can take or leave tracks. I never was much of a patcher, just drag to the timeline so that point is moot, but what I still dislike 3 years later is the the constant ripple mode. I would rarely need ripple mode in legacy. Why would I want it to be the default? But I deal with it because of the motion integration. If be just as happy with AE integration, but they lost me with the subscription thing.

Resolves non default ripple mode is insanely more powerful than X. We'll see if the performance is there. But it's still lacking motion graphics integration. Maybe R13 with fusion. But Xs timeline performance is pretty abysmal lately. Everything is always leggy. Maybe I have too many motion templates. But if my favorite part of X makes it laggy then what's the point?

Resolve now has smart bins and multicam that doesn't also slice up the audio. Real trimming, live audio mixing and so on. Tracks or not, they're stepping up the game. But we all said this a year ago and the software was pretty useless.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]