APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Raising 5.4M, Reading Rainbow wants a full-time FCPX editor for 25K/year

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret Williams
Re: Raising 5.4M, Reading Rainbow wants a full-time FCPX editor for 25K/year
on May 6, 2015 at 3:09:48 pm
Last Edited By Bret Williams on May 6, 2015 at 3:12:26 pm

I'd rather be liquid. Seriously. Have you looked at the penalties and even the interest rates for NOT paying your quarterlies? It took me a few years of freelance before I realized that if you don't pay your quarterlies the penalties and interest, etc. depending on how much you made and all that are hundreds of dollars,(perhaps $350 or so) not thousands. My wife and I are both freelance, and come tax day, sometimes we have a bill of 20k. But we know it's coming and WE stash that money away. And if we need it, we dip into it. And WE can make interest off it all year which would equate to more than the government charges in interest and penalties. They are the cheapest loan you'll ever find. Well, lately rates have been low, but historically cheaper than a loan and certainly you're better off than if you had an emergency and had to put something on your Credit Card! So if we were to send $4k or $5k to uncle sam every quarter that's like operating without a contingency. We pay our bills on time. We pay our contractors on time. We don't give the Federal government a free loan.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]