APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Speaking of History...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: Speaking of History...
on May 5, 2015 at 1:25:35 am

I don't think I have any pictures (pity) but in the mid 1980s I developed a multi machine PCM audio suite to tracklay and mix sound in the digital domain. It had 9 video decks all controlled by timecode locked syncronisers and chasing a 2 track DASH recorder. So basically I had picture and 8 Umatics decks with PCM encoder/decoders all sync locked. I was using video editing software to edit the audio as a video signal (the PCM encoder converted stereo audio to a video signal).

This all started after I used a portable PCM encoder (Sony F1) with a betamax video recorder to record, edit a mix a documentary in the second half of 1984. The producer claimed it was the first film in the world to have a digital recorded and edit/mixed sound track.

Mixing the sixteen tracks was through an Amek analogue mixer then into the DASH machine where I could do automated punch in and out edits when I mixed. This was before digital mixers appeared but when they did I bought all the early Yamaha digital mixers and then transitioned to multi 8 track digital tape machines interlocked before getting my first DAW - a dSP 8 track.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]