APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Mike Matzdorf beats traditional audio tracks to death with an iron pipe.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Mike Matzdorf beats traditional audio tracks to death with an iron pipe.
on Apr 24, 2015 at 12:02:17 am

Just to echo Noah, we had imagined that all I'd need to do was ingest and backup the Hyperdeck media. Top and tail the files and add the open and credits and export to upload. Simple. The wake up call came day one when I prepped the first session - set it to transcode out for YouTube and got into a 20 minute conversation. I expected the file to be mostly done when I glanced at the screen. Instead it was at 2% processed! Like the wags say, the battle plan holds right up until the first shot is fired. Noah figured out that not only should we dump the MacMini in favor of A MacPro, but the source of the problem was actually the 14 tracks of embedded audio on every file. Adding the simple workflow step of opening each card file in a Timeline and dumping the 14 unnecessary audio tracks increased my throughput by orders of magnitude. Imagine my chuckle when I watched the TED piece and saw they'd faced the exact same glitch - times a zillion cameras! Live and learn. It was a good lession since in the end, not trying to push things out instantly gave me a bit of freedom to at least double time scan the files and cover a few egregious digital dropouts and fix minor audio and switching issues. And we still got a LOT of content out pretty dang fast. Lessons learned - the real value in doing stuff like this!

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]