APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Mike Matzdorf beats traditional audio tracks to death with an iron pipe.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: Mike Matzdorf beats traditional audio tracks to death with an iron pipe.
on Apr 22, 2015 at 12:15:54 am

[Bill Davis] "But I couldn't help thinking how if devices in general can tap into global time precisely, then the old TC system could actually become obsolete? No?"

In the file world, time of day is excellent. In the old tape world, it was a problem with prerolling. So in theory yes. I watched a good vid from the Deneke people at NAB. It might be worth tracking it down as they show how a distributed TC and sync system needs a single ultra stable clock and the ability for all devices to re jam after power down.

Camera's like RED are notorious for needing re-jamming after battery changes. On multi cam drama good code management makes a difference. Auto sync systems that just rely on mod matching guide to hero will not be reliable in many circumstances and will also need distributed guide audio to record on cameras so that a system like Pluralize can work best. Might as well distribute timecode from a proper stable master and jam. Much easier.

I have a Blackmagic 4k camera which doesn't support timecode but does time of day. I have a simple system of a single clapper and calculating offset to sync for a whole days rushes. It works but with more than one camera it suddenly becomes messy because the devices require manually setting rough time.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]