APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Mike Matzdorf beats traditional audio tracks to death with an iron pipe.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mathieu Ghekiere
Re: Mike Matzdorf beats traditional audio tracks to death with an iron pipe.
on Apr 21, 2015 at 8:25:35 am

Hi Michael,

well, some things to think about:

- with an app like Sync"N Link you can have your Roles correctly (even mic per mic) attached to your video footage of a whole day just by exporting an XML, bringing it into Sync'N Link, exporting an XML from there again, and done. Seconds. A couple of clicks. For every mic. The sound guy must have done his job correctly however, tagging his recording on set.

- You can import new footage in a keyword collection. Then select all of them. Hundreds of files. And give them the same Role with one click. (music for instance).

- The most important thing here is, in my opinion, are 2 artistic things. First, you don't label things anymore with track 1-track 4 for instance. Now it's DIALOGUE. ADR. Titles. Etcetera. This goes back to CONTENT organisation, and not onto a tracking system that can be random. It's understandible for anyone to read.
Second, you should do all of this Roles organisation BEFORE you edit. You can even do it afterwards, but I think doing it before gives you much better options. What this means is that you do all this organisation when you are in a 'organising your edit' mood. But when you are ready for the creative process... Cutting, removing things, putting them somewhere else, trimming, etcetera,... It all gets out of your way, and you can just go along with that flow. I think this is a very important point.

- Again, with a couple of clicks and an XML, you can have all of these organised in tracks for ProTools. From what I've heard (because I don't have experience with this myself but a lot of people here do) these are often the cleanest AAF's they have ever gotten.

I do hope Apple extends timeline features with Roles (color coding, grouping, a Roles-based mixer) like everyone does. But I like the concept of Roles a lot more than tracks.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]