APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Long time editor's frustration with FCPX

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Berez
Re: Long time editor's frustration with FCPX
on Apr 19, 2015 at 4:08:50 pm

Oh for goodness sakes Bill,

I'm remembering why I never post on the Cow anymore. Every post is an opportunity for the same twelve cranks to whip the same dead horse. How many posts are you going to make restating the same old trope . . "old editors don't get it, we're stuck in amber . . we don't want to learn anything new and that YOU, BILL DAVIS are the apothesis of the new age, fluid, open, flexible, inviting to new young guns . . really, enough, get over yourself. No one is suggesting that we need to keep the riff faff out. That door was opened long ago. (that was a joke)

I work in FCPX everyday. It has reimagined the timeline interface which many of us honestly thought wasn't possible. It's cool and a breakthrough and all that. But, for this old dog . . there is something off-putting about the user experience. No one can argue the designers intentionally buried elements that professional editors need (source TC anyone) to make it more inviting. . I don't need my editing interface to be exceedingly simple to make the lowest common denominator feel welcome. . . . I just need it to fast, stable and powerful . . . which thankfully it is. That's why I continue to use it.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]