APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: swapping two shots

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb Sevush
Re: swapping two shots
on Mar 11, 2015 at 6:21:29 pm

[James Ewart] "And you don't want to share them with us Herb?"

Beyond the basics of a timeline that can handle any codec/frame rate/frame size you want without trans-coding - which at this point is the minimum requirement for a modern NLE I'd say Ppro has 3 huge advances over FCP7 -

The ability to change and refine the multiclip after it's been made. This has many ramifications - dealing with start and stop of cameras on specific angles, color correction of entire angles, replacing HD with 4K at any point --

The audio track mixer - I can now assign basic filter packs and levels to specific tracks - sync, efx, music - each gets their own specific treatment and all I have to do is put a clip on that track for the efx to be applied. So for instance if a bit of sync suddenly needs to become bckgd efx, all I have to do is move it from track 1 to track 4 and it goes from my sync compression/eq to my effects package of compression/eq.

Send to Audition. Audition's spectral analyzer allows you to fix all sorts of problems with background noise and it is an easy round trip away. A huge time saver for me.

Those 3 items would be hard to live without now that I've switched to Ppro. Some of these tools are available in X, but then I'd have to give up the spatial organization that I prefer.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]